Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Japanese Family: Part 2


This is us on the first night of my stay.  Although I had been up for over 24 hours being around
 this family energized me and gave me the strenght to continue on to this wonderful Chinese Dinner! Yup, my first night in Japan I ate chinese, and let me tell you it was good!

The first night I slept really well and woke up at aroung 7:30 to have breakfast with my host parents. It was so nice I ended up having breakfast with them every day, only to later find out that breakfast is a very important meal for them! Lucky me!

The Hard Times: After the first few days I got tired on living according to someone elses rules, and not having the space I am used too. It took effort to keep my mood up but I think I managed okay. I just was looking forward to my night out partying which would come on Saturday. The situation was nice, and I was being treated exeptionally well in a comfortable and clean environment, I was just itching to get back to some old habits and routines of mine that had been broken by staying with a family. I wanted to drink and roam around, see the city in a way that I couldn't when I would plan to be home by 7. Lol. Yeah, I really felt like a kid again. It's not that I had to come home for dinner everynight, I was just torn between getting to know my host family and getting to know the city. Luckily I got to have it all. Around Thursday I was just really anxious about time, worried I was getting a little too cozy with my hosts... Funny that it was only my second day!

Coming Home: After my night out on the town in Tokyo I arrived home filthy and stinkying and sleep deprived. I was beyond ashamed and grossed out by my own situation, surprisingly my host parents responded like dotting parents and scrambled to quickly get me into the shower, fed, and into bed. I don't think my own mother has treated me so well when I've come home like that! lol. That day was really nice. We ate a delicious lunch and I slept for a few hours. While I was out in Roppongi the club district of Tokyo I realized how over and done with I am with clubbing and bar hopping (okay, maybe not bar hopping!) and how much more family oriented I am now than I have been a few years ago. So to put it shortly I felt old. It was really nice to come home to a clean bed and loving home. Not getting a hotel for this night out was one of the best decisions I've made on this trip!

Gifts: My host mother keeps on giving me things, and I can't say no. I don't know how I will repay her kindness but I will try. I'm so happy she will come visit Finland, I will have a chance to show her some hospitality then!

Anyway, that's it for now,
Thanks for reading!
- E


No comments:

Post a Comment